SHOP

Thursday, March 5, 2015

5 tips that help me to have better sleep


Excuse my messy bed but this was the best photo I was able to take #loser. By the way, lately I found that it was really hard for me to try to have a long beauty sleep. So I looked around the web to find some tips that can help me with this problem. Obviously all of these tips that I'm going to list below have been tested by me and they worked.


1. Pay attention to what you eat and drink

Don't go to bed either hungry or stuffed. Also limit how much you drink before bed, to prevent disruptive middle-of-the-night trips to the toilet. And that's the reason why these night I was up at 5 am. Nicotine, caffeine and alcohol deserve caution, too. The stimulating effects of nicotine and caffeine take hours to wear off and can damage your quality sleep. And even though alcohol might make you feel sleepy at first, it can disrupt sleep later in the night.

2. Include physical activity in your daily routine

Regular physical activity can promote better sleep, helping you to fall asleep faster and to enjoy deeper sleep. Timing is important, though. If you exercise too close to bedtime, you might be too energized to fall asleep. If this seems to be an issue for you, exercise earlier in the day.
3. SIP chamomile before going to bed. 
This tip really helps me not to fall asleep but to relax before bed time. Also I love the feeling of a hot beverage at night. If you don't like chamomile try another relaxing infusion and I assure you that it will help your sleep.
4. Have a bath before bed.

I found that having a bath before bed has multiple benefits. Laying in hot water really  really helps relaxing me. Also I love to add some tears of lavanda oil in my bath but also on my  pillow because inhaling these lavanda scent will help you fall asleep sooner.
5. Turn off your electronic devices.

Make sure you turn off your electronic devices one hour before your bedtime. the soft blue glow from a cell phone, PDA, or digital clock resting on your bedside table will feed your insomnia. The short waves of blue light may interfere with sleep.
Michela||Bloglovin || Instagram || GFC || Twitter 


Win a Lorac pro pallet and the wet brush here
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. These are all brilliant tips! I'm a really terrible sleeper so I'm definitely going to be trying some of these out, especially 1 & 3 :) x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually having to deal with sleeping problems as well :\
    I also swear by having a nice hot drink before going to bed - it really helps me come down! ♥

    http://la-fille-lumineuse.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that we have something in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so busy and stressed I often have trouble sleeping. I never thought about a tea though, what's odd as I literally live off green tea haha!


    Sam | www.sprksam.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post since I pretty much do most of the things on here myself! Except watching what I eat before bed :P that needs more work.


    maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I've nominated you for a 'Liebster Award'! It's a tag that gets everyone finding other bloggers! Here's my blog post that explains it all :)
    http://samanthalfrances.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these tips! Turning off the devices, make a huge difference! I always have to have a cup of water next to me to sleep but deff don't won't to gulp it down :)
    xoxo
    http://brookiewords.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments

© little taste of beauty. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig